The Market Train
On Tuesdays from 20th July to 24th August board the market train in Saint-Jean-de-Muzols, or other stations along the line, to shop at the big weekly market in Lamastre.
This diesel train is the ideal way to get to one of the best markets in the county of Ardèche, avoiding the problem of driving along winding roads and parking. Fill your baskets with traditional pork meats, beautifully ripe fruits, chestnuts, picodon goat cheese and other local produce.
NB: tickets for the Market Train are not valid on board steam trains.
The line has 2 areas :
Zone A = Tournon St Jean / Boucieu
Zone B = Boucieu / Lamastre
Adult : €15,00 for 2 areas covered (either a departure from Tournon St Jean or Colombier)
€8,00 for 1 area covered (either a departure from Boucieu le Roi or Arlebosc)
Young (10-13) : €8,00 for 2 areas covered (either a departure from Tournon St Jean or Colombier)
€4,00 for 1 area covered (either a departure from Boucieu le Roi or Arlebosc)
Children (under 10) : Free
From Tournon St Jean and other train stations:
Timetable of the outward journey :
- Tournon St Jean : Departure at 8:30
- Colombier le Vieux : Departure at 8:55
- Boucieu le Roi : Departure at 9:15
- Arlebosc : Departure at 9:25
- Lamastre : arrival at 10:00
Timetable of return trip :
- Lamastre : Departure at 12:30
- Arlebosc : arrival at 13:00
- Boucieu le Roi : arrival at 13:15
- Colombier le Vieux : arrival at 13:35
- Tournon St Jean : arrival at 13:55
From Tournon St Jean, plan to arrive 30 minutes before the departure of the train. For the other stations, plan to arrive 10 minutes before the indicated timetable.